Osteoarthritis of the hip joint is a progressive dystrophic-degenerative disease. Most often, it develops in old age, when triggering factors occur - infectious, non-inflammatory diseases of the joint, injuries, genetic disposition, curvature of the spine.
Coxarthrosis is another name for arthrosis of the hip joint, the treatment of which is very complex and time-consuming. The main symptom of the disease is pain, restriction of movement, in the later stages there is shortening of the diseased limb, atrophy of the femoral muscles.
The disease begins with the fact that the joint fluid in the joint changes its properties, it becomes thick and viscous. It does not sufficiently lubricate the cartilage, it does not receive a normal amount of fluid and it becomes dry. Over time, it becomes thinner, it collapses, because without lubrication it cannot withstand the increased friction during movement. The bones are left without cartilage protection, they are exposed, the load on them increases and their deformation occurs. Osteoarthritis of the hip joint for this reason is called deformation. In addition to these changes, there is a violation of blood circulation, the muscles around the joint receive less blood, their metabolism is disturbed, and atrophy occurs.
Degrees of damage and symptoms
Specialists distinguish three types of injuries in osteoarthritis of the hip joint. They all differ in the presence of the level of pain, muscle atrophy, degree of cartilage destruction. The first two degrees are amenable to drug and complex therapy, and the third is subject to surgical treatment.
Osteoarthritis cannot be completely cured, but with the implementation of certain measures it can be stopped and significantly delay development.
This is a very useful home remedy, strongly recommended by doctors themselves. The fact is that non-steroidal drugs are used to relieve pain and inflammation in osteoarthritis of the hip joint. With long-term treatment, they are quite harmful to the body, they can negatively affect it. Therefore, it is desirable to alternate them with the methods of traditional medicine.
One of the signs of osteoarthritis of the hip joint is pain. At the initial stage, it is slightly expressed. Appears with heavy loads, weight lifting, long walking or sitting. Sometimes it can feel like a change in the weather. In later stages of development, it manifests after exertion and at rest, interferes with sleep, relaxes and creates constant discomfort.
With arthrosis of the hip joint, it is desirable to combine all home treatment methods and folk remedies with drug therapy. As a rule, in combination with it, special gymnastics are prescribed, which cannot be canceled in any way. Treatment aims to restore the quality of fluid and joint cartilage, joint mobility.
Jelly meat hooves
Changes in intra-articular fluid are associated with inadequate collagen production. With osteoarthritis, collagen supplements can be added to the diet. Folk remedies offer gelatin meat cartilage, which is rich in collagen. To do this, take 500-700 grams from the joints of the front hooves, soak them well and cook for at least 3-5 hours on low heat. During this time, the bones will boil well, they must be removed and the broth must harden. It is necessary to use such aspic twice a week and for a long period of treatment, at least 1 year.
Jelly in various forms
Gelatin is a product derived from the cartilage and bones of animals, so it can also be an excellent source of collagen. It is necessary to use edible gelatine without dyes, add milk or fresh juices. It is also advisable to take it regularly.
- Folk remedies recommend relieving pain and sore joints by applying a fresh cabbage leaf with honey. Spread the area of the diseased joint with honey and apply a fresh liter of cabbage. Put a gauze over it and wrap it with something warm, leave it overnight.
- For treatment, you can prepare a composition that is rubbed in at night. Mix 100 grams of mustard powder with 200 grams of sea salt and pour 30 grams of purified kerosene. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Mix honey and grated radish equally, add fortified red wine and salt in a ratio of 1: 1: 0, 5: 0, 25. Melt the honey in a water bath and add the rest of the ingredients. Cool and use for compresses. The course of treatment is one month.
- To quickly relieve the pain, you can use a simple ointment: mix equally crushed horseradish root with petroleum jelly, rub it on the sore spots. It's easy to cook at home, so you can always cook fresh.
- Burdock root helps very well with osteoarthritis of the hip joint. Dry powder mixed equally with honey and taken several times a day. For rubbing, you can make an alcohol-based tincture.
- Take several times a day, 0. 5 tsp of willow bark powder or poplar.
- From home remedies, a rope is an excellent means of normalizing metabolism. Two tablespoons pour a glass of boiling water and strain. Take for a month three times a day for 2 tbsp. I. You can improve the effect of the baths with the addition of a rope decoction. Due to the presence of tannins and manganese, it will improve blood circulation in the joint.
- With arthrosis, teas of oregano, rose hips, blueberries, thyme are useful.
- Folk remedies for oral administration recommend preparing an effective composition. Take three lemons, 250 grams of celery root and 120 grams of garlic. Grind and pour boiling water into a three-liter jar, insist overnight. Take it on an empty stomach in the morning and before meals for 30 minutes, approximately 70 gr. The course of treatment is three months. A 3 liter bottle is enough for a month.